Proof Katie is Being Brainwashed
Dear Wernecke family,
Having followed the terrible saga of your family for the past few months, I have been amazed and horrified at the shear mindless brutality exhibited by the state towards Katie and your entire family. What is even more disturbing is that they have been instigating numerous well known and highly effective techniques of brainwashing and social control on Katie.
One can only imagine the motives of Child Protective Services, they must be terrified at the growing fury of public outrage towards them, and will stop at nothing to try and publicly prove their point by destroying Katie and your entire family (per the recent attack on your marriage by “Rev.” Moore) . As one of Katie’s numerous foster parents said in a previous post on your Blog “I firmly believe PRIDE is an issue on behalf of KIM GARCIA the CPS worker. I think she has overstepped her boundaries and is too prideful to admit it. I believe she would rather sacrifice Katie and her family instead of admitting she was wrong. What a pity that someone would sacrifice a child to save face.”
This short description of the process of Brainwashing comes from Dr. Margaret Singer professor emeritus at the University of California at Berkeley and the acknowledged leading authority in the world on mind control. With additional points by Richard J. Ofshe, Ph.d and Dr. Robert J. Lifton.
1. The reliance on intense interpersonal and psychological attack to destabilize an individual's sense of self to promote compliance. Create a sense of powerlessness, covert fear, and dependency. Initiate a feeling of helplessness in attempting to deal with the impersonal machinery of control. (per CIA Report)
2. Establish control over the person's social environment, time and sources of social support by a system of often-excessive rewards and punishments. Social isolation is promoted. Contact with family and friends is abridged, as is contact with persons who do not share group-approved attitudes. All communication with outside world is limited, either being strictly filtered or completely cut off.
Isolation from the ideas, examples and distractions of the outside world turns the individuals attention to the only remaining form of stimulation, which is the ideology that is being inculcated in them. (Lifton)
Note: Recent attempts by CPS to cut off ALL communication with family. Contacted limited: “CPS said we could visit with Katie only from 12 noon to 1 pm. They gave us exactly one hour.” (Blog entry 9/15)
3. Aura of sacred science - (Lifton) The beliefs and regulations of the group are framed as perfect, absolute and non-negotiable. The dogma of the group is presented as scientifically correct or otherwise unquestionable. Rules and processes are therefore to be followed without question, and any transgression is a sin and hence requires atonement or other forms of punishment, as does consideration of any alternative viewpoints. Put forth a closed system of logic; allow no real input or criticism.
Note: Doctors at M.D. Anderson are portrayed as infallibly and unquestionable in their authority. No second opinions are allowed.
4. Prohibit disconfirming information and non supporting opinions in group communication. Rules exist about permissible topics to discuss with outsiders. Communication is highly controlled. The use of an organized peer group.
"If successfully accomplished, communication control eliminates a person's ability safely to express criticisms or to share private doubts and reservations. " (Ofshe)
Note: Katie’s Pastors and friends recruited to pressure conformity. “CPS has also contacted my X and Katie's half-sister and convinced them that Katie will die without this treatment and have called them to come visit and to convince Katie. They have also used her best friend at her school to convince her. We are told we cannot talk to Katie about her medical treatments. “ (Blog entry 9/13)
5. Create strong aversive emotional arousals, create a sense of powerlessness in the subject by use of nonphysical punishments such as intense humiliation, loss of privilege, social isolation, social status changes, intense guilt, anxiety, manipulation and other techniques.
Note: They have inflicted Katie with EVERY above mentioned point!
6. Intimidate the person with the force of group-sanctioned secular psychological threats. For example, it may be suggested or implied that failure to adopt the approved attitude, belief or consequent behavior will lead to severe punishment or dire consequences such as physical illness. These tactics of psychological force are applied to such a severe degree that the individual's capacity to make informed or free choices becomes inhibited.
Note: Statements from CPS. “You will die if you don’t accept this treatment”!
7. Breaking point - (lifton) The constant assault on identity, guilt and self-betrayal eventually leads to them breaking down, much as the manner of the 'nervous breakdown' that people experience for other reasons. They may cry inconsolably, have convulsive fits and fall into deep depression.
To reduce resistance and to motivate behavior change, thought-reform procedures rely on psychological stressors, induction of high degrees of emotional distress, and on other intrinsically dangerous influence techniques (Heide and Borkovec 1983).
Note: Recent reports by Katie’s parents - “Katie has been under supreme pressure from CPS's emotional and mental abuses. She was totally stressed out and very depressed”. (Blog entry 9/15)
8. Leniency - (Lifton) Just at the point when the person is fearing annihilation of the self, they are offered a small kindness, a brief respite from the assault on their identity. In those moments of light amongst the darkness, they may well feel a deep sense of gratitude, even though it is their torturer who is offering the 'kindness'.
Note: “Now Keith and Debbie Moore, the pastor from Agua Dulce Baptist Church could visit Katie and take her to the Astros baseball game and other places, and bribe her with things, for about an 8 hour visit. The Moore's were there at the request of CPS to convince, brainwash, and bribe Katie into agreeing to do the High Dose chemo treatments. (Blog entry 9/15).
How does “Rev.” Moore reconcile his alleged Christian beliefs with his participation in the deliberate brainwashing and torture of a child?
9. Final confession and rebirth - (Lifton) Faced with the stark contrast of the pain of the past with the rosy glow of the future that the new ideology presents, the person sheds any the final allegiance to the old ideology, confessing any remaining deep secrets, and takes on the full mantle of the new ideology. This progress is accelerated as the new ideology is portrayed as harmonious and ideally suited to the person's needs. Collegiality and calm replaces pain and punishment.
Note: This is the next and final objective in Katie’s “re-education“. Turning her against her parents and unconditional acceptance of any form of “treatment” CPS wants. If she does so, you can be assured there will be a public announcement and extensive P.R. campaign to follow.
Singer: Coercive Psychological Systems are Harmful - “Coercive psychological systems violate our most fundamental concepts of basic human rights. They violate rights of individuals that are guaranteed by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution and affirmed by many declarations of principle worldwide.”
“By confusing, intimidating and silencing their victims, those who profit from these systems evade exposure and prosecution for actions recognized as harmful and which are illegal in most countries such as: fraud, false imprisonment, undue influence, involuntary servitude, intentional infliction of emotional distress, outrageous conduct and other tortuous acts.”
Both CPS and M.D. Anderson have deployed professional psychologists to “counsel” Katie, and may in fact have organized this campaign. The obvious fact that they are using these well known techniques in a point-by-point manner is undeniable.
These techniques are NEVER utilized in a benevolent manner. The total objective is the complete destruction of the subject individual, physically, psychologically and spiritually. There can be no mock claims of doing it in the “Best Interest of the Child”.
It is also important to realize that Brainwashing is defined as torture and a war crime, and prohibited under Article 11 of the Geneva Convention. If Katie were a P.O.W., every individual involved in her “care” from DA Thomas Stuckey to the lowliest dog at CPS would be facing a War Crimes Tribunal.
signed by D.T.