Pray for Katie

Katie is 13 years old and was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Disease, a lymphatic cancer. This site is a request to pray for her. Call her prayer pager 1-361-333-KATY (5289), enter your ZipCode and # key, to let her know you have prayed for her. Updates of her progress will be posted on the site. The Power of Prayer is Awesome.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

CPS LET US VISIT WITH KATIE FOR ONE HOUR

Katie has been under supreme pressure from CPS's emotional and mental abuses. She was totally stressed out and very depressed. We knew we had to see her now before it was too late. Edward and I (Michele) flew to Houston today to visit with Katie. CPS said we could visit with Katie only from 12 noon to 1 pm. They gave us exactly one hour. So we had lunch with her in the Hospital cafeteria. Our return flight was not until 3:55 pm so it would have been nice to have had more time. And it cost us over $500 to fly up there and take a cab to the hospital.

Now Keith and Debbie Moore, the pastor from Agua Dulce Baptist Church could visit Katie and take her to the Astros baseball game and and other places, and bribe her with things, for about an 8 hour visit. The Moore's were there at the request of CPS to convince, brainwash, and bribe Katie into agreeing to do the High Dose chemo treatments. Katie has refused this treatment of her own free will. Debbie Moore even came to talk to me at work to convince me and even told me to leave my husband. Because of CPS, I don't have any choice in the matter. I have a good husband, that doesn't drink, smoke, or abuse me, and he is good to me and the kids. He doesn't spend all day watching sports and he is there when I need him. I didn't see anyone come to my aid from Agua Dulce Baptist Church when I needed help or even offer to babysit when I had to be in court. Why would I want to leave him and what business is it for a pastor's wife to be convincing anyone to divorce. They are supposed to be in the business of saving marriages. They have no business interfering with a medical decision normally between parents and their child. Katie was really hurt and depressed after their visit. It was wrong to betray Katie's friendship with them and for them not to be supportive of Katie. Keith and Debbie Moore are wolves in sheep's clothing. The Bible says by their fruits you should know them!

Michele