Pray for Katie

Katie is 13 years old and was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Disease, a lymphatic cancer. This site is a request to pray for her. Call her prayer pager 1-361-333-KATY (5289), enter your ZipCode and # key, to let her know you have prayed for her. Updates of her progress will be posted on the site. The Power of Prayer is Awesome.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Katie's Letter Appealing To Governor Rick Perry

August 5, 2005



Dear Governor Rick Perry:

Please help me. I have Hodgkin’s Disease. I want to go home. I want to be with my mom and dad and my 3 brothers. I trust my parents to make my medical decisions and to care for me.

CPS kidnapped me and won’t let me go home. They are keeping me in Houston 250 miles away from my family. I want to go to school in Banquete, Texas. CPS has had me locked up for 2 months now.

I want to see my grandparents in Wisconsin before school starts. I didn’t get a summer with my family for fun. CPS wants to keep me here for another 6 months. The 8th amendment of the Constitution is supposed to protect from cruel and unusual punishment.

My court appointed attorney won’t help me. Nobody will listen to me because I am 13 years old. Governor Perry you are my last hope! Please return me to my parents. I need the positive attitude, hope, support, and love of my family around me to get through this.


I beg you, please, please help me,

As Written and Signed by:
Katie Wernecke

1 Comments:

  • At Wed Aug 24, 01:18:00 PM 2005, Blogger ShadowHawk said…

    I hope Perry will listen to Katie. She's 13 and not three. I think as old as she is, she deserve a say in what happens to her. CPS needs to be have their power severely curtailed.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home