Pray for Katie

Katie is 13 years old and was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Disease, a lymphatic cancer. This site is a request to pray for her. Call her prayer pager 1-361-333-KATY (5289), enter your ZipCode and # key, to let her know you have prayed for her. Updates of her progress will be posted on the site. The Power of Prayer is Awesome.

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Katie Refuses Any More Caner Treatments - Sends Letter to Her Ad Litum Attorney

This letter was received from Katie Wernecke and sent to Linda Rhodes Schauer, her court appointed attorney.


August 26, 2005


Dear Linda Schauer, my attorney:

I do not want any more cancer treatments! I do not want the High Dose Chemo treatments on Monday. I do not want anyone forcing treatments on me against my will and consent. It’s my body and my life.

Do what ever is necessary to stop these treatments immediately. Please call and ask the Judge to stop these treatments without my consent.

I have told you before that I need and want to go home. I can’t stand it here any longer. I need the love and support of my parents and family to get through this. I won’t do any more treatments without going home.

I am old enough and mature enough to make my own decisions. And I want to be at and testify at the Sept 6th hearing in Corpus.


Sincerely,




Katie Wernecke