Pray for Katie

Katie is 13 years old and was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Disease, a lymphatic cancer. This site is a request to pray for her. Call her prayer pager 1-361-333-KATY (5289), enter your ZipCode and # key, to let her know you have prayed for her. Updates of her progress will be posted on the site. The Power of Prayer is Awesome.

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Letter from Katie to Judge, CPS, CASA, Ad Litem

Dear Judge Carl Lewis:

I really, really want to be back home with my family. I really, miss my brothers alot. I want to continue to go to school in Banquete where all my friends are. I have already read 2 books for school next year and would like to read the 3rd book but it would be a waste of time to read it if I don't go to school there.

I wish my dad could stay with me when I am in the hospital. I would also like my parents to make all my medical decisions. I don't want any radiation treatments. I would rather do chemotherapy instead of radiation.

I want to see my grandparents, aunts, and uncles again. I miss my family and grandparents very much.

Sincerely,

Katie Wernecke

P.S. I feel like a prisoner here at the hospital because there is an officer following us every where we go.

I would like to have kids in the future. CPS and the doctors never explain the side effects.