Pray for Katie

Katie is 13 years old and was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Disease, a lymphatic cancer. This site is a request to pray for her. Call her prayer pager 1-361-333-KATY (5289), enter your ZipCode and # key, to let her know you have prayed for her. Updates of her progress will be posted on the site. The Power of Prayer is Awesome.

Monday, January 10, 2005

Surgery

The swelling on my chest has went down some. Now they want to do surgery to biopsy the cancerous mass and take bone marrow samples out of my hips to see if the cancer has spread to my bones. While they are doing the surgery they will also place a chemo port under my skin above my left breast that has a tube that goes to a major artery in my heart. The Chemo Port is a round heavy piece of titanium metal. They would cut a slit in my throat to do the biopsy and drill holes in my hip bones to get the bone marrow samples. My dad said later that it was very risky because I could stop breathing or bleed uncontrollable if anything went wrong. My family and friends were there for me the whole time praying.