Pray for Katie

Katie is 13 years old and was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Disease, a lymphatic cancer. This site is a request to pray for her. Call her prayer pager 1-361-333-KATY (5289), enter your ZipCode and # key, to let her know you have prayed for her. Updates of her progress will be posted on the site. The Power of Prayer is Awesome.

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

The Power of Prayer

The surgery went ok with out any problems. I was in lots of pain afterwards but they gave me some painkillers. The results of the biopsy confirm it is Hodgkin's disease. Good news a study of the lung fluid reveals no cancer in the lungs. I have another Cat Scan and a scan called a Gallium Scan. In this scan they inject radioactive gallium into your viens and it shows where the cancer is located. The cancer is still a very large mass under my breast bone. The good news is that it seems to all be located above the diaphram and the doctor changes the call from stage 4, the worse, to a stage 2b. That is the Power of Prayer!!!!. Thanks to all the hundreds of people praying for me. Dr. Alter explained to me and my Dad his treatment protocol. Dr Alter said I would get 2 chemo treatments plus radiation or I could get 4 chemo treatments only. If response to chemo was good after 2 treatments it would be followed by radiation if not we would get 2 more chemo treatments.The last four days I received by first chemo treatment. I was in the hospital for 11 days now and I get to go home today. Thank God!