Pray for Katie

Katie is 13 years old and was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Disease, a lymphatic cancer. This site is a request to pray for her. Call her prayer pager 1-361-333-KATY (5289), enter your ZipCode and # key, to let her know you have prayed for her. Updates of her progress will be posted on the site. The Power of Prayer is Awesome.

Saturday, January 08, 2005

The Bad News - Cancer

I was put in a hospital room and had IV tubes in my arms. They were giving me medications for the microplasma pnuemonia and to reduce the swelling in my chest. They also cut a hole in my side to place a tube in my lung to drain the fluid and to make it easier for me to breathe.
My doctor is named Dr. Alter and he asked my dad to come look at the results of the Cat Scan with him. It was then Dr. Alter told and showed my dad that I had a large mass under my breast bone chocking off the windpipe and the bronchial tubes to each lung were reduced to pencil size. The cancerous mass was also wrapped aroung the aorta and veins and my heart was being pushed way off to the left side. The doctor told him the Cat Scan looked like it my have spread to the lungs, liver, kidneys, and spleen too. It was Hodgkin's Disease - stage IV - which is the worse as it gets. It was very serious and I would have died had dad not brought me in to the hospital when he did. I wasn't told that at the time. I was told that I had Hodgkin's Disease a type of lymphatic cancer and that the doctor could make me better.

1 Comments:

  • At Thu Nov 03, 10:31:00 AM 2005, Blogger Michael said…

    K ie W. your The Bad News - Cancer was a healthy read. We need more of this in the internet community and articles about aorta aneurysms, aorta aneurysms, aorta aneurysms and aorta aneurysms are other health issues that you might consider. Our aorta aneurysms is related to health issues and topics. Keep up the great articles and subject matter.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home